A refreshing, light salad for the whole family to dig in. A great main dish for vegetarians as well!
- 1/4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 cup low-fat plain kefir cultured milk smoothie, unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons minced yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon mince chives
- 1 English cucumber (about 2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon blue cheese (feta cheese works too)
- 3 ripe heirloom tomatoes (about 2 cups)
- Pinch each of salt, pepper, and chipotle powder
- Mix together in a small bowl the kefir, onion, sour cream, chives, dill, and seasoning. Cover iit and refregerate overnight.
- Then slice into bite-sized the cucumber and tomatoes and place them in a bowl and toss them together. Pour over the dressing into salad and add the blue cheese. Toss and serve.