Are you looking for a chocolate coffe cake recipe? Try this easy to follow recipe!
- 2 cups cultured buttermilk or 2 cups yogurt or 2 cups whey or
- 2 cups kefir
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups artificial sweetener (I use sucanat, but regular sugar would work too)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 dash clove
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 dash salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup nuts, if desired
- Combine into a large bowl the flour and liquid (buttermilk, yogurt, kefir, etc.) Cover the bowl and soak for 12-24 hrs.
- After soaking, the next thing to do is to combine the remaning ingredients. Then pour the mixture into a baking pan, you can cover it with chopped nuts. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30-35 minutes.